[asterisk-users] Asterisk & EC2

Eric Chamberlain eric at rf.com
Sat Apr 25 18:22:39 CDT 2009

On Apr 24, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Aryan Ameri wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get asterisk 1.6 running under Xen or Amazon
> EC2?
>
> If yes, can you share your experience please? Is it usable in a
> production
> environment? How is the sound quality? Am I likely to suffer from
> latency
> issues if the extensions are not located in the US?
>
> Any pitfall that I should be aware of?

Aryan,

Depending on your use case, Asterisk can run quite well on EC2.

Voxilla is sharing a public Asterisk 1.6 AMI, more information is
available at <http://forum.voxilla.com/asterisk-support-forum/asterisk-cloud-asterisk-1-6-0-5-optimized-amazon-ec2-33857.html

--
Eric Chamberlain, Founder
RF.com - http://RF.com/