[asterisk-users] 2B Channel Transfer on XO-based T1

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Apr 23 12:05:03 CDT 2009

Jared Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 09:58 -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>> It's not enabled by default because when it is used the Asterisk server
>> loses control of the call and the CDR becomes incomplete. Not everyone
>> wants that behavior.
>
> But since many people *would* like that behavior, wouldn't it make more
> sense to enable this via an option in chan_dahdi.conf?  Maybe
> "enable2bct=yes"?  (It's not like you don't already have to set
> facilityenable=yes and transfer=yes to get it anyway, and I doubt there
> are many people who want facilityenable=yes and transfer=yes but not
> 2bct... But for those few, I guess we can add yet another option.)
>
> It seems silly to have to recompile just to get this functionality.

It *is* compiled in by default and it actually *is* configurable.  I've
said this a few times in the archives, but just so that everyone knows,
in order for it to work, 'transfer=yes' must be set in chan_dahdi.conf
on each of the channels you would like to enable it on.

To disable it for a channel or group of channels, set 'transfer=no'
above that group.

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.