[asterisk-users] 2B Channel Transfer on XO-based T1

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Apr 15 10:08:46 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 09:58 -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> It's not enabled by default because when it is used the Asterisk server
> loses control of the call and the CDR becomes incomplete. Not everyone
> wants that behavior.

But since many people *would* like that behavior, wouldn't it make more
sense to enable this via an option in chan_dahdi.conf?  Maybe
"enable2bct=yes"?  (It's not like you don't already have to set
facilityenable=yes and transfer=yes to get it anyway, and I doubt there
are many people who want facilityenable=yes and transfer=yes but not
2bct... But for those few, I guess we can add yet another option.)

It seems silly to have to recompile just to get this functionality.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager