[asterisk-users] Should you use UserEvents for monitoring calls ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed Apr 22 05:26:58 CDT 2009

Hi,

I need to monitor call activity from a custom application software.
The goal is to display things like who is on call or not, who has forwarded
his call to his voicemail, etc ...

When using manager's login command with Event parameter set to on, I'm
getting tens of events I don't care about but I suppose I won't miss things
like transfers, pickups, parking ...

Would it be a right move to rely on UserEvents instead ?
Then I would specifically have to add those UserEvents in dialplan but I'm
afraid to be unable to support things like hangups or transfers, ...

What's your opinion about that ?
Would you "filter system events" or "add custom uservents" ?

Regards