[asterisk-users] Should you use UserEvents for monitoring calls ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Apr 24 01:55:30 CDT 2009

2009/4/22 Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I need to monitor call activity from a custom application software.
> The goal is to display things like who is on call or not, who has forwarded
> his call to his voicemail, etc ...
>
> When using manager's login command with Event parameter set to on, I'm
> getting tens of events I don't care about but I suppose I won't miss things
> like transfers, pickups, parking ...
>
> Would it be a right move to rely on UserEvents instead ?
> Then I would specifically have to add those UserEvents in dialplan but I'm
> afraid to be unable to support things like hangups or transfers, ...
>
> What's your opinion about that ?
> Would you "filter system events" or "add custom uservents" ?

I tried the UserEvent way and up to now, I can monitor :
- simple calls (terminated by caller or callee),
- multiple calls (several phones are ringing but one is answering)
- attended transfers

What I can't monitor at the moment is :
- transfers while ringing (callee transfers a call while still ringing)

Not tried yet:
- monitoring Voicemail, Parking, ....