[asterisk-users] Here is Step by Step Example of Asterisk PBXSystem Install and configuration

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Apr 20 13:38:19 CDT 2009

Each of these arguments has validity.  Here is my .02

1. There are a lot of 1.2 install's still up and running
2. After 1.4.22 you change ZAP to DAHDI and lose or change a lot of
references.
3. I don't think there will be a free book about 1.6 installs.
4. Simple is VERY good.  There's a lot to get broken in OS and release
upgrades.  For every happy Asterisk customer, there is another one with a
sour taste because a key feature (CDR, Goto, Gosub, etc) got changed or
broken in an upgrade.  I personally think that any function of 1.2 should
still work in 1.6, but What do I know?
5. Feature frozen is better at this point (IMO) than chasing things that get
broken (see #4).

PS. Good luck with this - it would prove a useful addition to the
information out there.