[asterisk-users] Here is Step by Step Example of Asterisk PBX System Install and configuration

Jimmy Ezell jezell at hmhca.com
Mon Apr 20 13:23:59 CDT 2009

Perhaps my thinking on this issue is wrong.  Do we need to keep up with all the latest upgrades? I am thinking to install this thing and let it run for a long time (I would hope with very little need to touch it.)  We are not a feature hungry shop, just looking for basic phone system for 60 people that works for a reasonable cost.

I was using the older software because I wanted to follow the documentation in the book as close as possible to maximize the benefit of using the book.  Once I feel like I know what I am doing I can do another install with latest software and update my tutorial.

Jimmy