[asterisk-users] 2B Channel Transfer on XO-based T1

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Wed Apr 15 06:44:23 CDT 2009

2009/4/15 Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com>

> May I ask : beside saving channels, what are the benefits of TBCT over
> bridging calls inside Asterisk ?

I'm not aware of anything apart from saving channels...

> What about caller ids ? I would say caller id should passed over to final
> callee after bridging but that should need some kind of signaling update.

Passing the original callerID during a forward/unattended transfer is
standard North American functionality... Call comes in, forwarded out either
over the same, or alternate, trunk, callerid left intact... A feature that
can make using certain commercial PBXs in other countries somewhat
problematic...

Updating the caller information during a call, including feeding back
connected callee information, is I believe, a qsig/dpnss addition used
within a private network (though there may be instances that it can work in
a public network that I've not seen)...