[asterisk-users] 2B Channel Transfer on XO-based T1

Jimmy Godbout sip at inbox.com
Wed Apr 15 07:57:49 CDT 2009

You're also saving resources. You can have a higher call ratio when using TBCT since the channels are freed after the transfer.

>> What about caller ids ? I would say caller id should passed over to
>> final
>> callee after bridging but that should need some kind of signaling
>> update.
>>

> Passing the original callerID during a forward/unattended transfer is
> standard North American functionality... Call comes in, forwarded out
> either
> over the same, or alternate, trunk, callerid left intact... A feature
> that
> can make using certain commercial PBXs in other countries somewhat
> problematic...
>
> Updating the caller information during a call, including feeding back
> connected callee information, is I believe, a qsig/dpnss addition used
> within a private network (though there may be instances that it can work
> in
> a public network that I've not seen)...

Since you're dialing the second number, you send the callerid. Therefore, you can read the callerid from the caller and send it out on the second leg of the call. You can also change that information.

Jimmy