[asterisk-users] IMAP Voicemail - can't get messages. Arrgh!

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:48:45 CDT 2009

Hi -

I just deployed a system using IMAP Voicemail.  During my testing,
voicemail worked fine.  I could check vm from the phone, and the
messages would get marked as read, or I could read the messages in a
mail client, and the phone's mwi light would turn off.   Very neat.

I'm not exactly sure when things got munged up, but something broke.
I can record messages with Voicemail(), but now when I access an IMAP
mailbox using VoicemailMain(), it always says there are no messages,
even when there clearly are (unread) messages in the IMAP mailbox.

I've also got the asterisk GUI running on this system, and its status
page (retrieved via manager, I believe, or maybe "voicemail show
users") shows the correct message counts.  I tried debugging manager
messages to see how it was getting the message counts, but I didn't
get any useful output.  Does anyone know a better way (any way) to
debug issues with IMAP Voicemail?  I do see an error on the CLI:

ERROR[20010]: app_voicemail.c:2026 mm_log: IMAP Error: Quota not
available on this IMAP server

Here's some background info:

Asterisk: 1.6.0.8
IMAP Server: dovecot 1.0.7
c-client: UW imap2007e

Config Files:

voicemail.conf
[general]
format = wav49
serveremail = asterisk at rosecompanies.com
fromstring = ${VM_CALLERID}
emailsubject = New voicemail. Length: ${VM_DUR}
emailbody = ${VM_NAME}:\n\nYou have a new voicemail message.  You
currently have ${VM_MSGNUM} messages in your
Inbox.\n\nFrom:\t\t${VM_CALLERID}\$
maxsecs = 600
minsecs = 4
skipms = 3000