[asterisk-users] IMAP Voicemail - can't get messages. Arrgh!

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Mon Apr 6 14:33:45 CDT 2009

Noah Miller wrote:
> I just deployed a system using IMAP Voicemail.  During my testing,
> voicemail worked fine.  I could check vm from the phone, and the
> messages would get marked as read, or I could read the messages in a
> mail client, and the phone's mwi light would turn off.   Very neat.
>
> I'm not exactly sure when things got munged up, but something broke.
> I can record messages with Voicemail(), but now when I access an IMAP
> mailbox using VoicemailMain(), it always says there are no messages,
> even when there clearly are (unread) messages in the IMAP mailbox.

This appears to be the same issue as was resolved in bug 14685. If you use the
latest version of Asterisk 1.6.0 branch then you shouldn't have that issue anymore.

svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.6.0 asterisk-1.6.0-vanilla
cd asterisk-1.6.0-vanilla
./configure && make install

Or wait for Asterisk 1.6.0.10 which will incorporate the changes since 1.6.0.8;
the recent 1.6.0.9 release that went out only incorporates the changes to
1.6.0.7 plus the security release in 1.6.0.8, and a merge issue that crept into
the 1.6.0 branch from trunk in 1.6.0.9.

Thanks!

--
Leif Madsen.