[asterisk-users] How to make a Outgoing Call from Asterisk ?

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 07:30:02 CDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Hiren Mistry
<hiren.mistry at mobilefundas.com> wrote:
> Hear span 1 is connect with pri which is for outgoing and span 2 is connect
> with Samsung OpenServ 500 PBX for PSTN Agent.
>>      Pl. any one can give me help. B'coz  I have to implicitly work for
>> Outgoing call from PSTN Agent. I have also may to call out side the office
>> from exten => s,n,Dial(Zap/4/1111111,60) on testing purpose. But, how to
>> dial number via PSTN agent's phone like zero or nine dialing. I mean how to
>> get dialtone before the dial and how to enter call number from PSTN agent's
>> phone.

It sounds like if you're not getting dialtone on your Samsung PBX
agent phones, which are plugged into your Samsung PBX, then the
problem is with your Samsung PBX phone configuration. The outgoing PRI
on the Asterisk side doesn't matter at all until you get your agent
phones talking to the Samsung PBX.

Where do the wires go from the back of your Samsung phone? Probably
right to your Samsung PBX. Do you understand why that's your problem?
Start there. You probably need to enable debugging on your Samsung
PBX, or read a Samsung PBX manual to figure out how to get your
Samsung PBX agent phone working.

Once you have dialtone working with your Samsung phones, you'll need
to configure your Samsung PBX to dial out of its wink T1 to the
Asterisk, and then trunk through the Asterisk system to get to the
real outside PRI. This begs the question of why you are using Asterisk
at all. Do you want to explain why Asterisk is involved?

-Dave