[asterisk-users] device probe order question

Andres andres at telesip.net
Thu Sep 18 20:23:07 CDT 2008

Philipp Kempgen wrote:

>Steve Totaro schrieb:
>

>>I never bother with init scripts or /etc/modules.  rc.local all the
>>way and I once challenged the list to give me a reason why that is NOT
>>a good way.  No replies...
>>

>http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2008-April/210491.html
>http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2008-April/210498.html
>http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2008-May/212566.html
>etc.
>:-)
>
>   Philipp Kempgen

Also remeber that using init scripts gives the posibility of running
those same scripts to stop the services in reverse order when you
shutdown a machine.  If you simply start programs in rc.local, when you
shutdown the machine it won't stop your programs elegantly.  (for
example, just look inside /etc/rc3.d and you will see all the start
scripts 'S' which run when you bootup the machine and the kill scripts
'K' which run when you shutdown the machine).

Andres,
http://www.neuroredes.com