[asterisk-users] zap not coming online on fedora 8

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Mon Apr 28 08:26:52 CDT 2008

Philipp Kempgen schrieb:
> Steve Totaro schrieb:
>
>> I cannot comment on the init scripts because I don't use them.
>>
>> Since nobody chimed in that using rc.local was not optimal, I suspect
>> it is perfectly acceptable and has worked for me just fine on MANY
>> installs.
>
> Tzafrir said rc.local wasn't optimal and that's right.
> Starting/stopping services - that's what init scripts are meant for.

I might add that sooner or later dependencies between init.d
scripts will be honored (Debian Lenny, not sure about Fedora)
so services which do not depend on each other can be started
in parallel. That's not possible with rc.local.

And I like modular things. :-)

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998