[asterisk-users] DruidCON 2008, 1-2 Oct in Atlanta GA, 2 free DruidCON conference passes to be given away!

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Tue Sep 9 16:36:37 CDT 2008

Lol where have you been the last few months.

There have been at least 4 announcements with dates etc, this is really
just the "last chance reminder email".

Regards,

Dean Collins
dean at cognation.net

+1-212-203-4357 (New York)
+61-2-9016-5642 (Sydney)
http://www.Cognation.net <http://www.Cognation.net/profile>

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 14:00:00 Ming Yong wrote:

> Voiceroute is proud to announce DruidCON to be held from 1-2 Oct 2008
in

> Atlanta GA so that Asterisk users can join us after Astricon :)
DruidCON is

> the premier meeting for Druid community users and developers with
interest

> in Unified Communications. DruidCON 2008 attendees will include open
source

> users of projects like Asterisk, OpenSER, professional Druid users and

> developers.

> http://www.voiceroute.org/druidcon

Not to criticize too heavily, but this announcement is a little late for
most

people.  For people in the US, you should announce conferences at least
60

days in advance, to ensure that people have time to plan travel, as well
as to

make airline reservations, if needed, prior to the 30 days before
departure,

which is typically when airline ticket prices start to rise.

I help run another conference (not Astricon), and we announce our dates
about

5 months in advance to ensure that everybody who would like to come can
get

all their ducks in a row well in advance of the actual conference.  As
such,

we get attendees from all over the eastern half of the United States.

If your conference attendance is low this year, I would encourage you to
try

again next year, but this time, announce your conference several months
in

advance, rather than the measly 20 days you've given your potential
attendees

this year.

--

Tilghman