[asterisk-users] DruidCON 2008, 1-2 Oct in Atlanta GA, 2 free DruidCON conference passes to be given away!

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Sep 9 16:20:00 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 14:00:00 Ming Yong wrote:
> Voiceroute is proud to announce DruidCON to be held from 1-2 Oct 2008 in
> Atlanta GA so that Asterisk users can join us after Astricon :) DruidCON is
> the premier meeting for Druid community users and developers with interest
> in Unified Communications. DruidCON 2008 attendees will include open source
> users of projects like Asterisk, OpenSER, professional Druid users and
> developers.
> http://www.voiceroute.org/druidcon

Not to criticize too heavily, but this announcement is a little late for most
people.  For people in the US, you should announce conferences at least 60
days in advance, to ensure that people have time to plan travel, as well as to
make airline reservations, if needed, prior to the 30 days before departure,
which is typically when airline ticket prices start to rise.

I help run another conference (not Astricon), and we announce our dates about
5 months in advance to ensure that everybody who would like to come can get
all their ducks in a row well in advance of the actual conference.  As such,
we get attendees from all over the eastern half of the United States.

If your conference attendance is low this year, I would encourage you to try
again next year, but this time, announce your conference several months in
advance, rather than the measly 20 days you've given your potential attendees
this year.

--
Tilghman