[asterisk-users] dahdi & tdm400p: no luck

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Sep 5 01:08:10 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 10:58:44PM -0400, sean darcy wrote:
> As best i could figure it out, I've installed dahdi and rc4.
>
> My TDM400P doesn't answer fxo or fxs.
>
> /etc/dahdi/system.conf:
> loadzone   = us
> defaultzone=us
> fxoks=1,2
> fxsks=4

echocancel?

> /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf:
>
> [house-phones]
> context=internal      ; Uses the [internal] context in extensions.conf
> signalling=fxo_ks     ; fxo_ks Use FXO signalling for an FXS chanel
> dahdichan => 1          ; Telephone attached to port 1
> dahdichan => 2          ; Telephone attached to port 2

You confuse "dahdichan" with "channel"

Only the last dahdichan in a section is used. OTOH, it takes into
account ther things in that section.

Try:

[house-phones]
context=internal      ; Uses the [internal] context in extensions.conf
signalling=fxo_ks     ; fxo_ks Use FXO signalling for an FXS chanel
dahdichan => 1,2

Or, if you want to have some common settins and some different settings:

[house-phones](!)
context = internal    ; Uses the [internal] context in extensions.conf
signalling = fxo_ks   ; fxo_ks Use FXO signalling for an FXS chanel
group = 1

[phone1](house-phone)
dahdichan = 1
callerid = Name One <456>

[phone2](house-phone)
callerid = Someone Else <123>
group = 3
dahdichan = 2

dahdichan only works with 1.6.0 and above.

> [pstn]
> context=incoming-pstn-line  ; Incoming calls go to [incoming-pstn-line]
> in extensions.conf
> signalling=fxs_ks     ; fxs_ks Use FXS signalling for an FXO channel
> faxdetect=incoming
> busydetect=yes
> dahdichan => 4          ; PSTN attached to port 4
>
> dmesg:
>
> dahdi: Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
> dahdi: Version: 2.0.0-rc3
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [APC1] enabled at IRQ 16
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:05.0[A] -> Link [APC1] -> GSI 16 (level,
> low) -> IRQ 16
> PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:01:05.0 to 64
> Freshmaker version: 73
> Freshmaker passed register test
> Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = -71426924 ns)
> Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
> Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
> Module 2: Not installed
> Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
> Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (3 modules)
> INFO-xpp: revision trunk-r6056 MAX_XPDS=64 (8*8)
> INFO-xpp: FEATURE: without BRISTUFF support
> INFO-xpp: FEATURE: with PROTOCOL_DEBUG
> INFO-xpp: FEATURE: with sync_tick() from DAHDI
> INFO-xpp_usb: revision trunk-r6056
> usbcore: registered new interface driver xpp_usb
> dahdi: Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
>
>   dahdi_scan
> [1]
> active=yes
> alarms=OK
> description=Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5
> name=WCTDM/4
> manufacturer=Digium
> devicetype=Wildcard TDM400P REV I
> location=PCI Bus 01 Slot 06