[asterisk-users] dahdi & tdm400p: no luck

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:58:44 CDT 2008

As best i could figure it out, I've installed dahdi and rc4.

My TDM400P doesn't answer fxo or fxs.

/etc/dahdi/system.conf:
loadzone   = us
defaultzone=us
fxoks=1,2
fxsks=4

/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf:

[house-phones]
context=internal      ; Uses the [internal] context in extensions.conf
signalling=fxo_ks     ; fxo_ks Use FXO signalling for an FXS chanel
dahdichan => 1          ; Telephone attached to port 1
dahdichan => 2          ; Telephone attached to port 2

[pstn]
context=incoming-pstn-line  ; Incoming calls go to [incoming-pstn-line]
in extensions.conf
signalling=fxs_ks     ; fxs_ks Use FXS signalling for an FXO channel
faxdetect=incoming
busydetect=yes
dahdichan => 4          ; PSTN attached to port 4

dmesg:

dahdi: Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
dahdi: Version: 2.0.0-rc3
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [APC1] enabled at IRQ 16
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:05.0[A] -> Link [APC1] -> GSI 16 (level,
low) -> IRQ 16
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:01:05.0 to 64
Freshmaker version: 73
Freshmaker passed register test
Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = -71426924 ns)
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 2: Not installed
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (3 modules)
INFO-xpp: revision trunk-r6056 MAX_XPDS=64 (8*8)
INFO-xpp: FEATURE: without BRISTUFF support
INFO-xpp: FEATURE: with PROTOCOL_DEBUG
INFO-xpp: FEATURE: with sync_tick() from DAHDI
INFO-xpp_usb: revision trunk-r6056
usbcore: registered new interface driver xpp_usb
dahdi: Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)

  dahdi_scan
[1]
active=yes
alarms=OK
description=Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5
name=WCTDM/4
manufacturer=Digium
devicetype=Wildcard TDM400P REV I
location=PCI Bus 01 Slot 06
basechan=1
totchans=4
irq=16
type=analog
port=1,FXS
port=2,FXS
port=3,none
port=4,FXO

CLI> dahdi show status
Description                              Alarms  IRQ    bpviol CRC4
Fra Codi Options  LBO
Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5           OK      0      0      0
CAS Unk  YEL      0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

But if I dial in, no dial tone, nothing on the cli.
And:

*CLI> dahdi show channels
    Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
Blocked    State
  pseudo            default                    default
        In Service

Tried dahdi_genconf. No help.

Reverted now.

Any help appreciated.