[asterisk-users] Polycom BLF - multiple buddies

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Thu Sep 4 20:07:34 CDT 2008

> I believe that this is what I need to enable more than one buddy icon?
>  Can you please point me in the right direction.   Only the polycom
> screen, I can only see 1 buddy icon despite having 2 speed dial
> entries.

I have been able to successfully turned on "presence" (which is the term
used outside Polycom) on IP601.
As I can recall, you need to a) configure sip.conf in the [general] and
per [extn] context; b) code hint extn in extensions.conf c) turned on
presence on the phone which will be buddy watching others d) turn on bw
on the phone which I saw you did.

However, I have never set what you did as in below and have no idea what
they are.
> In the phone1.cfg file I set:
>    <attendant attendant.uri="4158149992" attendant.reg="1"/>

Just check out voip wiki and there are useful information over there
about presence (but may not be that much about Polycom phones sadly :-(.