[asterisk-users] Polycom BLF - multiple buddies

Robert McNaught asteriskator at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 19:09:31 CDT 2008

Hi,

Can anyone please comment on what the issue may be with this.  I am
trying to set up an Polycom IP601 with multiple buddy icons displaying
endpoint status.

I am using a polycom IP601, sip 2.2.2.0084

In the phone1.cfg file I set:

   <attendant attendant.uri="4158149992" attendant.reg="1"/>

Using this, I get a valid SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY from the sip server and
a buddy icon on screen.

For this value, I seem to only be able to set one value for this - I
tried duplicating the above tag with a different uri value.  I have
reg 1 which is the only registered account on the telephone.  The uri
is the username of reg 1 (4158149992).  I am finding that this only
allows me to monitor the local endpoint (which is pretty useless) - I
can only get one buddy icon.  I can set this to another account on the
server (eg 4158149991) which allows me to monitor 4158149991's status,
but only that status (it does not seem to use the directory entries
below like it should.

I am setting up a MAC-directory.xml file on the provisioning server
with the following:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>^M
<directory>
        <item_list>
                <item>
                        <ln>Connery</ln>
                        <fn>Sean</fn>
                        <ct>4158149991</ct>
                        <sd>1</sd>
                        <bw>1</bw>
                </item>
                <item>
                        <ln>Lazenby</ln>
                        <fn>George</fn>
                        <ct>4158149994</ct>
                        <sd>2</sd>
                        <bw>1</bw>
                </item>

        </item_list>
</directory>

I believe that this is what I need to enable more than one buddy icon?
 Can you please point me in the right direction.   Only the polycom
screen, I can only see 1 buddy icon despite having 2 speed dial
entries.

Can someone please point me in the right direction...

Thanks

Robert