[asterisk-users] Stability problems in Asterisk 1.4.18 (and other 1.4.xx versions)

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Sep 4 08:51:49 CDT 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 4:12 AM, z_gringo wrote:

> I have several asterisk servers running a couple of different
> versions of 1.4.      One of our severs in California is running
> 1.4.18 with the Dial Plan in Realtime mySQL.  This server is storing
> voicemails in the database connecting via odbc.  There are
> approximately 900 sip users registered at any given time.   All of
> the SIP users are in the sip.conf file, which is extracted from the
> database.   Any time this server gets to around 90 simutaneous calls
> (180 channels), the server is completely unstable.  On some
> occasions, the asterisk process has continued to run, but is not
> processing any calls or registrations.  On most occasions, the
> asterisk process crashes, restarts, crashes again, etc.   During
> periods of lower traffic, the system appears to be stable.
>
> Going back to version 1.4.8 or 1.4.11 seems to be stable, but there
> is clearly a problem with 1.4.18 in this particular configuration.
> The OS is 64 bit debian.   Has anyone seen something similar?

We would be happy to help figure out what's going wrong on your
system.  However, the first step will have to be running the latest
version.  So, please give 1.4.22 a try.  Then, please gather details
and post them to http://bugs.digium.com/.  If you'd like to discuss
what you need to do to create the bug report, join #asterisk-bugs on
the freenode IRC network.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer