[asterisk-users] Stability problems in Asterisk 1.4.18 (and other 1.4.xx versions)

z_gringo z_gringo at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 04:12:24 CDT 2008

I have several asterisk servers running a couple of different versions of 1.4.      One of our severs in California is running 1.4.18 with the Dial Plan in Realtime mySQL.  This server is storing voicemails in the database connecting via odbc.  There are approximately 900 sip users registered at any given time.   All of the SIP users are in the sip.conf file, which is extracted from the database.   Any time this server gets to around 90 simutaneous calls (180 channels), the server is completely unstable.  On some occasions, the asterisk process has continued to run, but is not processing any calls or registrations.  On most occasions, the asterisk process crashes, restarts, crashes again, etc.   During periods of lower traffic, the system appears to be stable.Going back to version 1.4.8 or 1.4.11 seems to be stable, but there is clearly a problem with 1.4.18 in this particular configuration.  The OS is 64 bit debian.   Has anyone seen something similar?