[asterisk-users] #include changes in 1.4

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Thu Sep 4 04:25:27 CDT 2008

Greetings list,

I finally got round to upgrading a few of our 1.2 servers to 1.4 over the last few days. Most of the changes in config files went without a hitch, but this one bothers me:

ERROR[15836]: config.c:750 process_text_line: Future versions of Asterisk will treat a #include of a file that does not exist as an error, and will fail to load that configuration file.  Please ensure that the file '*/iax.conf' exists, even if it is empty.

The iax.conf on these servers contains general parameters common to all users who connect, with the following line at the bottom:

#include */iax.conf

The idea being each user has a subdirectory containing their user-specific config data, so it would usually contain either sip.conf or iax.conf, always extensions.conf, and possibly dundi.conf

Will this method no longer work in 1.6 upwards? I'm sure there must be others who've taken a similar approach to ensuring user portability between servers (moving users is as simple as grabbing the user-specific directory and dropping it on a different server). Do I need to ensure there's an empty file for each include in each directory?

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Chris