[asterisk-users] OT: Disable Polycom 650 Forward Softkey

Bill Andersen andersen at mwdental.com
Fri Oct 24 15:12:00 CDT 2008

I've got a problem that keeps popping up with my reception phone.

It is a IP 650 and the receptionist - on three occassions - has accidentally

hit the "Forward" softkey just before she enters the "Page All" keystrokes

and then all future calls get routed as an overhead page.

I will admit, the first time it happened, I was totally stumped.  Why the

heck did I have customers yelling "Hello, Hello, can you hear me" over

every single Polycom in the building.  In retrospect, it was pretty funny.

However, now that it has happened three, count 'em, three times, I've

got to figure out how to disable that softkey.

I've looked through the "sip.cfg" file and can't seem to figure out what

option would remove that softkey.  Has anyone ever had to do this?

What feature should I disable?

TIA

Bill