[asterisk-users] SER + Asterisk

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 15:36:37 CDT 2008

On 10/18/08 16:10, Alex Balashov wrote:
>Joseph wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the info Alex,
>> Do you have a good links that would help accomplish it?
>> I was under impression that "nathelper" is only for incoming connection, not outgoing.
>
>Sure - it's incoming from the point of view the proxy, if you do:
>
>   Asterisk ---> proxy w/NAT traversal fixups ---> provider
>
>:-)
>
>Any links I can think of that explain how to use nathelper rely on a
>pre-existing knowledge of how to deal with OpenSER, which is a rather
>esoteric and low-level topic compared to Asterisk.

I'm trying to find a good manual for SER with decent examples for beginners but don't have much luck.
I think these package  OpenSER OpenSIPS SER are not so common as it is hard to understand them.

The manual on their web-page is just dry plain language without examples so it makes it harder to understand.

--
#Joseph
GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7