[asterisk-users] SER + Asterisk

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Oct 18 15:10:40 CDT 2008

Joseph wrote:

> Thanks for the info Alex,
> Do you have a good links that would help accomplish it?
> I was under impression that "nathelper" is only for incoming connection, not outgoing.

Sure - it's incoming from the point of view the proxy, if you do:

   Asterisk ---> proxy w/NAT traversal fixups ---> provider

:-)

Any links I can think of that explain how to use nathelper rely on a
pre-existing knowledge of how to deal with OpenSER, which is a rather
esoteric and low-level topic compared to Asterisk.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems