[asterisk-users] Panasonic x Asterisk if I can emulate Panasonic fast!

Jorge Mendoza mendoza at tcc.com.pe
Mon Oct 13 22:54:59 CDT 2008

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo wrote:
> Im a 3-days-asterisk-newbie. In 3 weeks, I must have a PBX installed in
> a new office of ours: Panasonic or Asterisk. Asterisk would be, if I can
> emulate some Panasonic functions on Asterisk fast, to convince the
> executives.

Asterisk is more featured than Panasonic, but you must to know Asterisk
to convince your executives.... ;-)
> What I have done until now: Bought 1 Linksys pap2 (2 FXS), 1 Linksys
> SPA3102 (1 FXS + 1 FXO) for making asterisk tests. Configured
> Asterisk/Fedora 9 so I can make SIP->PSTN and PSTN->SIP calls.
>
> Works. Now, I need this help, please:
>
> * Dialing from inside (pap2-FXS connected phone) to another number on
> the same city (goes out by SPA3102 FXO), voice works fine. But when a
> menu answers, and I dial over, the menu dialed keys works only 20% of
> all times. Why could this would be? Voltage levels? sound gains? Dialed
> keys get distorsioned when passing over the 2 Linksys? Linksys or
> Asterisk swallowing some dialed key? I noticed some echo...

Probably you are sending dtmf signals inband. Try outband.
For the echo, try to change the FXO/FXS impedance, and/or playing with
the rx and tx gains. I assume that do you have echo cancelling enable in
both SPA.
> * I need to assign two codes to each user, one for international calls
> charged to the office, another for international calls charged to the
> user. If the user enters an incorrect code, the call should not proceed.

See account codes. You can start here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Billing

> * I need to get a formatted calls report for the administrators to
> charge the users.

See same link, or google for billing
> I just am confused and stucked with all the documentation in Internet,
> and all this new asterisk jargon. I just need some links (or some
> directions) to go fast on this topics. Of course, some more help would
> be appreciated.

The link to start:
http://www.voip-info.org

> Thanks a lot.