[asterisk-users] Panasonic x Asterisk if I can emulate Panasonic fast!

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Mon Oct 13 20:15:05 CDT 2008

Im a 3-days-asterisk-newbie. In 3 weeks, I must have a PBX installed in
a new office of ours: Panasonic or Asterisk. Asterisk would be, if I can
emulate some Panasonic functions on Asterisk fast, to convince the
executives.

What I have done until now: Bought 1 Linksys pap2 (2 FXS), 1 Linksys
SPA3102 (1 FXS + 1 FXO) for making asterisk tests. Configured
Asterisk/Fedora 9 so I can make SIP->PSTN and PSTN->SIP calls.

Works. Now, I need this help, please:

* Dialing from inside (pap2-FXS connected phone) to another number on
the same city (goes out by SPA3102 FXO), voice works fine. But when a
menu answers, and I dial over, the menu dialed keys works only 20% of
all times. Why could this would be? Voltage levels? sound gains? Dialed
keys get distorsioned when passing over the 2 Linksys? Linksys or
Asterisk swallowing some dialed key? I noticed some echo...

* I need to assign two codes to each user, one for international calls
charged to the office, another for international calls charged to the
user. If the user enters an incorrect code, the call should not proceed.

* I need to get a formatted calls report for the administrators to
charge the users.

I just am confused and stucked with all the documentation in Internet,
and all this new asterisk jargon. I just need some links (or some
directions) to go fast on this topics. Of course, some more help would
be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
--
Rodolfo Alcazar
Responsable red y datos

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH

Programa de Apoyo a la Gestión Pública Descentralizada y
Lucha Contra La Pobreza - PADEP
Av. Sánchez Lima 2226
La Paz, Bolivia

Tel: +591 22417628 (121)