[asterisk-users] ISDN

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Mon Oct 13 22:15:17 CDT 2008

>I have done this.
Good

>Why BRIs exist in the US is beyond me.
I'm not sure why you say that.  It is the only way I know of two get two digital voice grade circuits at prices competitive with POTS.  The better question is why the LECs used such poor judgment when they introduced this.  Most were charging outrageous prices that had no technical justification and per minute usage fees.  They destroyed the market before it got off the ground.  I don't use it for data any more now that I have DSL, but it is still a very viable voice channel.

  If you can, don't go with BRI.
Why?  (Not that I don't already have it and have been using it for seven years.)

Who is the carrier.
Qwest (formerly US West or US Worst as some used to call it).

So do you have some information about what you did or where to get configuration information?

Wilton