[asterisk-users] Asterisk help please

Ramkumar Subramanian ram.bhuvi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 17:06:31 CDT 2008

Hi,

I am new user on asterisk (for that matter linux) and i have lot of embedded
programming experience. We have a new project from our client, to design a
box that takes the telelphone line as input and route the line to the
respective user with different ring tones. The box should be programmed by
the users with buttons.

Features.
1. I should be able to store some .wav files for different ringtones and for
voicemail
2. Should be programmable by user.

Questions:
1. Need to know the cpu that can support asterisk for this type of
application
2 What else do we need on the box to support the application
3 Any pointers related to this would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Ram