[asterisk-users] Help with remote users

Steve Anness steve.anness at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 09:24:47 CDT 2008

I have just confirmed that they may be having a problem with double NAT.
They have two ATAs, and they have two different DSL connections.  One set-up
goes from the first DSL Modem (NAT & Wirless are disabled on the DSL Modems)
to a Linksys WRT110 and then there is a WRT54G hooked in to the 110 that has
the ATA plugged into it.

The other ATA is configured from a DSL Modem (again, I was told NAT &
Wireless were disabled on the modem) to a WRT600N and the ATA is plugged in
there.

I have the same issues on both ATAs.  I have no idea why their network is as
poorly designed as it is, the bad part is I have to make sure the phones
work there and try to troubleshoot from 3000 miles away.

Any work arounds for a problem because of double NAT? A quick and dirty
solution for them to get their phones working right?

Steve Anness