[asterisk-users] Help with remote users

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Oct 7 09:53:28 CDT 2008

>>> Here Is the situation.  Both users can plug in their ATAs and I can watch
>>>the server output, they register and then they can make calls and I can call
>>>them. Some time later (usually within minutes) the ATAs show to be
>>>"unreachable" and I can no longer call; however, they can still make calls.

The fact that they work initially is probably a clear indication that
the NAT bindings are closing up after a few minutes.  In some cases it
does not matter that you have qualify=yes, since the router only keeps
bindings open if the traffic is being generated from the
inside->outside.  Your solution would be to enable the keep-alive
settings on the PAP2 and set it low to something like 15 seconds.  The
setting is under the tab of line 1 and line 2 and its called "NAT Keep
Alive Enable".

Andres
http://www.neuroredes.com