[asterisk-users] cdr,gsm file format

Sriram d_r_sriram at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 6 12:33:27 CDT 2008

Hi

1. What is the best way to convert wav (44000 Khz) to gsm format for
asterisk ? I;ve tried sox command but the outcome is not satisfying...The
built-in gsm files shipped with asterisk are simply superb ..How do i create
gsm files of similar quality ? Can anyone help me out ? if sox is the only
way can anyone tell me the exact command ?

2. Can Freepbx 2.5 installed above asterisk 1.6.0 or trunk versions ? in
short does it support dahdi ?

3. If i cannot use Freepbx 2.5 where will the CDRs get stored and how i
access them for writing my custom cdr program ? i saw that there is a cdr.so
module that gets loaded - can it help me in anyway

Thanks in advance

Sriram