[asterisk-users] cdr,gsm file format

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 6 14:37:34 CDT 2008

Hi Sirum,

Sriram wrote:
> Hi
>
> 1. What is the best way to convert wav (44000 Khz) to gsm format for
> asterisk ? I;ve tried sox command but the outcome is not satisfying...The
> built-in gsm files shipped with asterisk are simply superb ..How do i create
> gsm files of similar quality ? Can anyone help me out ? if sox is the only
> way can anyone tell me the exact command ?

Sox should be suitable for this, however since Asterisk 1.4 inbuilt
conversion is supported.

*CLI> help file convert
Usage: file convert <file_in> <file_out>

> 2. Can Freepbx 2.5 installed above asterisk 1.6.0 or trunk versions ? in
> short does it support dahdi ?

Why not just use what is shipped? Is there a killer feature that 1.6 or
trunk provides that the recommended versions don't support?  Although
Dahdi is now available in newer releases, it doesn't mean that legacy
Zaptel will suddenly stop working.  The Dahdi channel driver can also
present as "Zap/channel" still, so I would imagine it wouldn't cause too
many problems.  However, you would be better to seek assistance from the
FreePBX forum.
> 3. If i cannot use Freepbx 2.5 where will the CDRs get stored and how i
> access them for writing my custom cdr program ? i saw that there is a cdr.so
> module that gets loaded - can it help me in anyway

The FreePBX forum would be a better place for this, I would imagine you
will get an answer sooner.

HTH

Kind Regards,
Dave Wa;ler