[asterisk-users] Asterisk - Failover System

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Oct 1 20:00:05 CDT 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Jai Rangi wrote:

> Openser? for 120 user?  I would not do that. This would be an extra
> layer to configure, support, maintain and one more layer to debug if
> things go wrong.  Its like spending a Dollar when you can be done with a
> quarter.  (my 2 cents)
>
> Jai

I've used OpenSER to "front-end" Asterisk several times and am always
pleased with the result.

The configuration is trivial for my needs and I find it to be "rock
solid." I love that you can restart it without interrupting calls "in
flight."

I've never had to use it in a "fail-over" situation -- yet :)