[asterisk-users] Asterisk - Failover System

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Oct 1 20:44:00 CDT 2008

Steve Edwards wrote:

> The configuration is trivial for my needs and I find it to be "rock
> solid." I love that you can restart it without interrupting calls "in
> flight."

Well, almost.  :)  If you are using record-routing, it's going to drop
transaction state so stateful forwarding for subsequent in-transaction
requests isn't going to happen, nor is it going to recognise IDs of
calls for which subsequent in-dialog requests must be routed.

If you are doing completely loose routing, you might be okay.

Either way, as you say, it's not going to cause media to cease in the
middle of a call, no.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems