[asterisk-users] Large Asterisk installations (~10, 000 extensions), preferably at universities

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 22:55:40 CST 2008

I did a test yesterday and did 1,000 registrations to Asterisk using SIPP. I
did the register test since I am using the realtime DB and asterisk does
periodic quesries to it for each registered user. Although Asterisk
continued to function as usuall, it was in a steady loop querying the DB for
the 1,000 users.

OK, you convinced me to look at some front end to it. There are mainly three
front ends mentioed here: OpenSer, SipExpress and FreeSwitch. Is there some
comparison available which will save me from testing all three of them? Is
there one which is more used than the others? (so it has more public QA :-)

                         Thanks! __Yehavi: