[asterisk-users] Large Asterisk installations (~10, 000 extensions), preferably at universities

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Nov 24 15:46:19 CST 2008

Fronting with OpenSER or FS, you should have no problems providing you
plan to use SIP extensions.

What is critical are the max simultaneous trunks you are going to use.

I would go TDM although universities have good bandwidth, and SUPERIOR
bandwidth between others.

I would think a TDM DS3 or two just to be safe.  It should be pretty
trivial besides gotchas, like cat3 to the rooms, although channel
banks may be an even better solution if phones are already in place.

Then you just use SIP when needed or wanted, and Asterisk is simple,
although more costly.
--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro