[asterisk-users] 2 Asterisks to one PBX - E1 conection

dubravko caric dubravko_caric at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 15:04:08 CST 2008

Hi all,

I have a question regarding connection of two Asterisk servers to our PBX. Each Asterisk server has one PCI E1 card, and they are in failover mode with Linux HA. On our PBX we have only one E1 card towards Asterisk servers.

My question is how to connect these two Asterisks to one E1 card on PBX, and when primary Asterisk server fails not to have to manually pull out E1 cable from primary server and plug it in secondary server in order to have active connection to E1 card on PBX.

Is there some kind of splitter which, on one side can accept two E1 connections from Asterisks and on the other side one E1 link from PBX. This splitter must also recognize towards which one of two E1 links on Asterisk side it should send signals to. eg. when primary Asterisk fails this splitter should send signals to its eg. port 2 (connection towards secondary Asterisk).

I would be most grateful if someone could provide me with a link to such products.

Thanks

Dubravko