[asterisk-users] database queries from extensions.conf

Al Baker bwentdg at pipeline.com
Sat Nov 22 23:42:30 CST 2008

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Wolfgang Pichler schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> you yould also use DBQuery (does only support mysql) - take a look at
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+DBQuery (it does also
>> contain a cdr backend to write customzied cdr entries to the database)
>>

> hi wolfgang!
>
> Have you programmed this yourself?
>
> Do you know how it compares to MYSQL function and func_odbc?
>
> regards
> klaus
>

>> regards,
>> Wolfgang
>>
>> Klaus Darilion schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> What is the preferred way to make database lookups from within the dialplan?
>>>
>>> I only know the MYSQL function from asterisk-addons. Are the other
>>> methods too? (e.g. for postgresql, unixodbc)
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> klaus

func_odb only allows a SINGLE  database statement
Ergo you cannot do Transactions or Multi-statement
SQL
It is a MAJOR  Backstep in DB Access.
The MYSQL add-on is  the BEST way to access DB from Dial Plan
Digium should support and ADD to this rather than non putting a SINGLE
mention of it in the
last book and making no mention of it at Astricon.

With this Add-on, and if DIGIUM would fix the brain dead implement ion
of REAL-TIME
for Exstensions.conf, things would/could be Soooooo Sweet. [ Can I get a
Amen for
having LABELS for steps in exstensions.conf when it is in Real Time ?
Why the Heck do I have to use Different Format for Applications in
exstensions.conf ]