[asterisk-users] database queries from extensions.conf

Wolfgang Pichler wpichler at yosd.at
Thu Nov 13 13:17:48 CST 2008

Hi,

yes - i did have done it myself.

The main difference is that the dbquery application does use the
res_mysqlpool - which is a small piece of code which does handle a pool
of connections to one or more mysql servers. So you can make a fault
tolerant system by using two master - master replicated mysql systems -
and have mysqlpool configured to use both servers (and if one fails - it
can use the other, and you can turn off one server by setting the
conenction count to 0 for maintance). DBQuery does not let you execute
direct mysql queries - you have to define them in the config before -
but i like it that way... Also the cdr backend with a customized sql
querie is handy.

regards,
Wolfgang