[asterisk-users] TDM400 (?) zap hangup

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Nov 19 14:04:00 CST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 11:07 -0800, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> The TDM400 works taking inbound calls and gives a dial tone when the
> phone is picked up but as soon as a key is pressed the line (Asterisk
> says) hangs up.  Asterisk is configured based on a working system but
> that one only has one module inbound (FXO?)  The outbound settings are
> based on docs from voip-info.org.

It sounds to me like you've got the two channels pointed at a context
that doesn't exist, or there aren't extensions in that context that
match the number being dialed.  Look in zapata.conf (or chan_dahdi.conf
if you're using DAHDI) and look for the "context=" line immediately
above the "channel=>" line for each channel.  That tells Asterisk where
in the dialplan to look when calls come into Asterisk from those
channels.

Next, look at extensions.conf and see if those contexts exist.  For
example, if your FXS port (the port connected to an analog phone) is
channel 1, and you're trying to dial extension 500 from the analog
phone, make sure the context contains an extension 500.

You can also check from the Asterisk CLI by typing "dialplan show
500 at context", where 500 is the extension you're trying to dial and
context is the name of the context where calls are being sent.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager