[asterisk-users] TDM400 (?) zap hangup

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Nov 19 14:00:59 CST 2008

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 11:07:57AM -0800, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>> And if that ain't confusing I don't know what would be.
>>
>> I bought a TDM400 with two modules (FXO, FXS) a couple or so years ago
>> and ended up never using it.  Passed it along to a friend who is having
>> some problems with it.  (He isn't on this list.)
>>
>> We've both tried searches using Google but haven't been able to find
>> anything that helps.  So this is more a question of
>> what-the-heck-should-we-be-searching-for. :-)
>>
>> The TDM400 works taking inbound calls and gives a dial tone when the
>> phone is picked up but as soon as a key is pressed the line (Asterisk
>> says) hangs up.
>
> Dialplan issue?
>
> What do you have in the s context there?

I'll have to look.

It is a bit of a mess.  Bits and pieces and the system is also used for
testing a multi-tenant setup.  The Asterisk configuration started on BSD
using * 1.2 but because of support (or lack thereof) and some
needed/desired features was moved to CentOS 5, and * 1.4.

I based my system on the same setup but have taken time to strip the
cruft out and clean up the poorly formatted files that also lacked any
comments/documentation.  Talk about a learning experience!

>> Asterisk is configured based on a working system but
>> that one only has one module inbound (FXO?)  The outbound settings are
>> based on docs from voip-info.org.
>>
>> Does this ring a bell for anyone?  No pun intended.
>>
>> Unfortunately the system is 35 miles away and I haven't got the logs
>> handy so I can't provide more right now.  Just hoping for a clue on
>> search terms.
>
> 35 miles away is no excuse for not having logs :-)

Logs I can get just didn't have them handy when I first tried to send
the message (a whole other story of too many email accounts and mailing
lists.).  Plus I'd like to watch as it was happening.

> Specifically, the debug-level logs should be able to give you the exact
> reason for the hangup (among many lines of useless information).

Yup.  That's why I want to watch it happening.

Just hoping (wishing?) for serendipity!

Looks like it will be the hard way. :-(

Thanks,
Rod