[asterisk-users] Asterisk not reading fast DTMFs, was: PBX -> PRI -> * -> Telco not working

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 09:13:52 CST 2008

In article <57a815bf0811180506j158375e9x1dee1c7b3d29ff2a at mail.gmail.com>,
Mikel Lindsaar <raasdnil at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If I connect a POTS phone to the analogue extensions and dial fast (like an
> > autodial) asterisk doesn't read the digits properly.  If I connect manually
> > and dial slowly, asterisk reads all the digits correctly and can handle the
> > call.
> >
> > Is there any way that i can get asterisk to read the faster DTMF digits
> >

> For example.  On the POTS phone I dial:
>
> 95523025
>
> And the following comes up in the caller log:
>
>   == CDR updated on DAHDI/21-1
>     -- Executing [29350525 at from-nec:1] Dial("DAHDI/21-1",
> "DAHDI/g2/29350525,,Tr") in new stack
>     -- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
>     -- Called g2/29350525
>     -- DAHDI/38-1 is proceeding passing it to DAHDI/21-1
>     -- Channel 0/7, span 2 got hangup request, cause 1
>     -- Hungup 'DAHDI/38-1'
>
> So it gets all the right digits... just interleaved.....
>
> 2 9 3 5 0 5 25
>
>   9    5    5
> 2   3   0    25
>
> Any ideas?
>
> As I said before, if i manually dial the digits with 1 second lags between
> each button press, it calls out fine.

Well that IS weird! It looks to me like the NEC is collecting up some
digits itself (e.g. that it receives before it gets Answer status from
Asterisk), and then sending on the collected digits once it has connected,
but these are then overlapping with the rest of the digits that are being
passed through from the phone in-band.

I think the source of your problems now is the behaviour of the NEC unit.
So you need to understand exactly what it does with DTMF and how it wants
to interact with the Asterisk unit behind it.

I don't think Asterisk is the problem any more...

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield