[asterisk-users] Asterisk not reading fast DTMFs, was: PBX -> PRI -> * -> Telco not working

Mikel Lindsaar raasdnil at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 09:47:46 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 2:13 AM, Tony Mountifield
<tony at softins.clara.co.uk>wrote:

> In article <57a815bf0811180506j158375e9x1dee1c7b3d29ff2a at mail.gmail.com>,
> Mikel Lindsaar <raasdnil at gmail.com> wrote:
> > For example.  On the POTS phone I dial:
> > 95523025
> > And the following comes up in the caller log:
> >
> >   == CDR updated on DAHDI/21-1
> >     -- Executing [29350525 at from-nec:1] Dial("DAHDI/21-1",
> > "DAHDI/g2/29350525,,Tr") in new stack
> >     -- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
> >     -- Called g2/29350525
> >     -- DAHDI/38-1 is proceeding passing it to DAHDI/21-1
> >     -- Channel 0/7, span 2 got hangup request, cause 1
> >     -- Hungup 'DAHDI/38-1'
> >
> > So it gets all the right digits... just interleaved.....
> >
> > As I said before, if i manually dial the digits with 1 second lags
> between
> > each button press, it calls out fine.
>
> Well that IS weird! It looks to me like the NEC is collecting up some
> digits itself (e.g. that it receives before it gets Answer status from
> Asterisk), and then sending on the collected digits once it has connected,
> but these are then overlapping with the rest of the digits that are being
> passed through from the phone in-band.
>
> I think the source of your problems now is the behaviour of the NEC unit.
> So you need to understand exactly what it does with DTMF and how it wants
> to interact with the Asterisk unit behind it.
>
> I don't think Asterisk is the problem any more...

Which I would agree with 100% if it were not for the fact that this same NEC
system was working without ANY modification on and E1 the day before.

The setup was:

NEC == E1 == Telco

To which I changed it to:

NEC == CAT5 == TE210P:1 = * = TE210P:2 == E1 == Telco

ie... just inserted the Asterisk box in between.

I plug the NEC back straight to the Telco and all works well again.

Unless Asterisk is expecting inband DTMF and the NEC was doing out of band
with the Telco :/  That would make sense.. but how to force it to out of
band?

Mikel

--
http://lindsaar.net/