[asterisk-users] Asterisk not reading fast DTMFs, was: PBX -> PRI -> * -> Telco not working

Mikel Lindsaar raasdnil at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 06:56:05 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.clara.co.uk
> wrote:

> > If I do this from an NEC digital extension I get 141496920000, but if I
> do
> > it from an NEC POTS extension I get 1942124000
>
> That looks like when you pick up the analogue phone and dial 9, it
> immediately opens the outgoing line and sends the 141 acces code, but
> is doing so at the same time you carry on dialling 6920000. So the digits
> clash with each other. Notice you have 1414 interleaved with 922000. It
> appears like the digits generated by the NEC (1414) are overriding the
> digits coming in from the phone, and either obliterating the latter,
> or splitting them up (in the case of the 2, which gets chopped in half
> by a short burst of 1).

OK, I removed the 1414 prefix from the NEC system.  And now I have found a
basic problem.
If I connect a POTS phone to the analogue extensions and dial fast (like an
autodial) asterisk doesn't read the digits properly.  If I connect manually
and dial slowly, asterisk reads all the digits correctly and can handle the
call.

Is there any way that i can get asterisk to read the faster DTMF digits?

Mikel

--
http://lindsaar.net/
Rails, RSpec and Life blog....