[asterisk-users] Asterisk with or without OpenSER

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:20:55 CST 2008

Thanks!

2008/11/18 John Todd jtodd at digium.com

>  Hints: Will SIP redirection work for you?  How about re-INVITEs?  Does
> Linux HA give any solutions?  L3 load sharing?

1. What do you mean by SP redirection in this context?
2. I am using re-invites, and made sure that the audio does not pass via the
asterisk server.
3. L3 load sharing: I did some work on this and this is the method I came
with:
   - I use MySQL with replication between two servers.
   - Some of the phones register to one server and the others to the other
(i.e., this way I load balance).
   - Since the MySQL database is replicated, each server knows where the
destination is registered. If it is registered on the other
     sevrer then the caller is redirected there.
4. HA? didn't give too much thought to it yet, but it is on my list.

BTW, how do you emulate large number of clients without buying some test
equipment like IXIA?

                          Thanks! __Yehavi: