[asterisk-users] ztdummy: rtc: lost some interrupts at 1024Hz

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 13:05:32 CST 2008

> I'm getting crazy about ztdummy. I have to replicate a PBX where ztdummy
> is working fine but for some reason I cannot.
> The two machines have the same kernel, motherboard, the same gcc version
> and the same zaptel 1.4.8. On the second machine zaptel compiles without
> errors and ztdummy.ko is generated but when I modprobe it I get the
> following error in messages:
> rtc: lost some interrupts at 1024Hz.
> Since modules sizes are slighly different I copied the working ztdummy
> on the new machine so the files are the same.....nothing changes!!

Your mother boards are probably not 100% the same, maybe a chipset is
newer and causing an interrupt problem.  I've seen this before.  Put
'acpi=off' in your kernel boot parameter line in the grub menu.lst
like this:

title           Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.18-686
root            (hd0,0)
kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18--686 root=/dev/sda1 ro acpi=off
initrd          /boot/initrd.img-2.6.18-686
savedefault

Reboot, and that should do it.

JR
--