[asterisk-users] SPA-962 & Asterisk

David Gibbons dave at videon-central.com
Tue Nov 4 09:22:05 CST 2008

I've never used the Sipura phones but they probably sync with an NTP server.

My guess is that the NTP server is on the asterisk box (you can probably verify this by checking the config of the phones and finding the option for NTP server). It is possible that the NTP service isn't running on the asterisk box (after a reboot or a crash) or that the asterisk box's time is incorrect.

Do you know what distribution you are running on the server? You can type 'uname -a' at a command prompt and get an idea of the distro.

Also try '/etc/init.d/ntpd' start or 'service ntpd start' - these may be able to restart the NTP daemon for you and begin syncing the phones properly again.

Dave