[asterisk-users] SPA-962 & Asterisk

Steve Anness steve.anness at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 08:08:14 CST 2008

Good Day,

I have been tasked with fixing the time on our asterisk server.  I am having
a hard time finding documentation to tell my what asterisk uses to get its
time information to push to phones (or a better question, where does the
SPA-962 get its time information)?

Basically, I can go under the settings of the phone and change the offset to
set the correct hour, but it is still about 4 minutes fast.  So the SPA-962
has an offset option, but to offset it from what?  The time on the asterisk
server?  That isn¹t right because my asterisk server has the correct time.
To offset from GMT?  No because I am +6 from GMT not +2.

I can physically set the time, but that is a bitch when you have many
phones, shouldn¹t the phone be syncing with something?

Any thoughts?  I am not finding anything conclusive.

Steve Anness
ICT Support Analyst
Humanitarian International Services Group